Introduction to Computer Programming (Years 9/10)
This unit will introduce the students to Object Oriented Programming utilising the ‘Alice’ programming environment developed by Carnegie Mellon University and the Java language. This unit allows the students to easily progress into the Information Technology (T) course in Years 11 & 12.
The main aspects of this unit are:
- Analysing and visualising the data required to address complex computer problems and applications
- Designing the user experience of a computer program
- Creating modular programs with an object oriented programming language
- Work collaboratively in a team in order to create interactive solutions.
- Using the 3D aspect of ‘Alice’ to produce a finished immersive computer program such as a game, edutainment or educational software.