Strategic Directions 2019-2028
In consultation with all stakeholders and after a long and exhaustive process, Daramalan College has laid out the guiding Directions that will take the College over the next 10 years.
The Direction outlines the Vision and Mission required in creating a school where the staff are qualified and enthusiastic about their teaching; where all staff are actively engaged in professional development; where the principles of quality teaching are paramount; where students experience a sense of belonging and pride; and most importantly, where parents are actively involved in their children’s education.
VISION– A community that inspires learning, nurtures potential and is strong in faith
MISSION – To empower and support each student to flourish and develop a love of learning, in the spirit of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart
FOR THE MISSIONARIES OF THE SACRED HEART THIS MEANS:
The founding belief of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, ‘to be on earth the heart of God’, continues to be reflected in a college culture that lives Jesus’ values of love, faith, compassion, respect, forgiveness, hospitality and acceptance of every individual.
FOR STUDENTS THIS MEANS:
An inclusive, safe environment where the staff understand and care for me, where I am challenged and empowered to take ownership of my learning, and supported to participate fully in college life, while learning skills for life, work and further education.
FOR PARENTS AND CARERS THIS MEANS:
My child is acknowledged, nurtured and supported to find their passion and strengths and maximise their potential in a caring, learning, safe environment which is built on respectful and supportive relationships between all members of the school community.
FOR STAFF THIS MEANS:
I am supported in a collaborative, safe environment that values my opinion, wellbeing, professional and personal growth, and where I am a member of a committed, compassionate and versatile team delivering high quality education and care for our students.
FOR EMPLOYERS AND TERTIARY EDUCATION PROVIDERS THIS MEANS:
Daramalan students are resilient, reliable, self-motivated individuals and team members who are effective communicators, problem solvers, and ready to transition successfully to life after school.
FOR GOVERNMENT AND THE WIDER COMMUNITY THIS MEANS:
A college committed to equity, excellence in learning and developing confident, creative, resilient and informed young people, well positioned to lead fulfilling, responsible and productive lives as active members of our society.
GOALS and OBJECTIVES
CATHOLIC AND MSC
A school community which understands and lives our Catholic identity in the tradition of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart
- Our identity as a Missionaries of the Sacred Heart school is witnessed throughout our community
- Quality programs and experiences promote a deeper understanding of Catholic traditions and values and social justice
Business capacity to advance the achievement of our Vision and Mission
- High performing, agile and flexible staff with the skills and values to improve student outcomes are attracted, developed and retained
- Deployment of resources is strategic, efficient and evidence-based
- Changes to government funding and competitive pressures are managed effectively
- Our infrastructure is sustainable and reliable
- Governance, financial and risk management structures and procedures operate effectively
Equity, excellence and innovation in education
- Innovative, inclusive, quality programs of learning using evidence-based teaching practices are delivered consistently throughout the school
- Students are engaged in rich learning experiences that provide the skills, attributes and academic foundation to enable them to transition successfully to life after school
- A culture of high expectations, continuous improvement and maximising opportunities for growth exists for all
- Partnerships with tertiary institutions, community organisations and industry enhance student opportunities
A strong and connected community
- A social and physical environment which is inclusive, safe, fun and enables each student to participate fully in college life
- Students transition effectively through all stages of college life
- Students are empowered to own and lead initiatives
- Respectful relationships exist between all members of our community
- A supportive, rewarding and collaborative environment for staff which promotes personal and professional growth and wellbeing
- Partnerships between parents and the school maximise student potential and wellbeing
- View the full document by clicking the link below.