Student career opportunities at Daramalan
The Careers and Transition Education Course has the broad aim of empowering students by developing their career management competencies, so that they have the skills and knowledge to build and manage their careers throughout life.
The formal, timetabled Careers Education program engages students from Year 7 to Year 11 in activities such as internet searches, mock interviews, grooming and deportment classes, Blue Card training, resume and cover letter preparation and presentations from technical and further education providers.
Other Careers and Transition Education activities include:
- Post School Options Evening – an expo
- Careers Newsletter
- Year 11 Orientation Day
- Interviews with the Careers Advisor
- Information and course advice evenings for parents and students
- Excursions to the Canberra Careers Market
- Voluntary work experience either one day per week for Senior College Accredited students, or in weekly blocks during school holidays for all students
- Assembly and lunchtime presentations
- Work experience week for Year 10 students
- Work readiness program for Year 10 Learning Support Students
- Work experience week for Year 10 Learning Support Students
For more information on the Daramalan Careers and Transition Education Program, please contact the Careers Advisor, Ms Paula Robinson – email@example.com