Parents & Friends Association
The Parents and Friends Association is quite different to what parents may have experienced at their child’s primary school. The Daramalan P&F provides an opportunity for involvement in the life of the College and contribution to the school community.
The P&F manage the operation of the College Canteen and the Uniform Shop. The P&F also provide a forum for parents to share their views on various matters, providing a valuable source of advice for the Principal.
The 2017 P&F committee is as follows:
- Vivienne Rolfe – President
- Hugh Boulter – Vice President
- Stewart McDermott – Treasurer
- Liz Hallett – Assistant Treasurer
- Megan Pigram – Secretary
- Kylee Gardiner – Assistant Secretary
- Barbara Gilarski – APFACTS representative.
The P&F meets at least once each term and communication between meetings is via email.
- Wednesday 10 May 6.30pm in the Boardroom
- Wednesday 2 August 6.30pm in the Boardroom
- Wednesday 25 October 6.30pm in the Boardroom
How can you participate?
- Attend P&F meetings
- Contribute to the decisions about how to spend the P&F levy. The P&F directs its funds towards special projects within the College. Recent projects have been the purchase of a new 24 seater bus, and more recently a contribution to the College’s DVD Classroom System. In 2014-2015 P&F funds were used to assist in the building of a new canteen for students.
- Volunteer to help on Sacred Heart Day
- Volunteer to help at the Charity Walk
The annual fundraising activity of the P&F was, until 2007, the annual walk by the students around Canberra’s Lake Burley Griffin which raised money by individual sponsorships of each student. This fundraising method has now been replaced by a levy within the school fees for the Parents and Friends.
In 2008, the Kilothon – as the walk was called – was still a P&F activity but all the proceeds were donated to charity. The Catholic charities “Caritas” and the “St Vincent de Paul Society” have been the recipients from 2008 to 2016.