School Sports Semester 2, 2020
Written by Daramalan on the
Most school sports have now started or re-commenced. It is essential that we are compliant with ACT COVID-19 regulations so I ask that you note the information below and understand that this will be enforced at Daramalan and other venues where our sports teams will play:
- Each venue is limited to 100 person capacity (including players and officials) per the facility’s designated areas. Some facilities may have multiple designated areas. Consequently, only one parent/carer per player may be able to attend the game subject to the individual sporting body’s COVID regulations.
- At the end of the game, all participants (players) and parents/carers must promptly leave the venue in order to allow the next game to commence.
- No other spectators will be able to attend the game (e.g. current or former students, family members including siblings).
- All adults attending will be required to provide contact details for COVID tracing purposes and must be appropriately distanced while at the venue.
- Some sports/venues (e.g. Netball) have made a decision to allow no spectators so only players and match officials may be inside these sporting venues.
- We may make a decision to do this with home games for all school sports should managing the numbers turning up at games become too difficult.
We ask that all families whose student/s play a Daramalan sport check the Team App to confirm individual arrangements for that sport.
It is important that everyone follows the directions issued by each sport and at each venue until such time as there are changes made by the ACT Government to the current regulations. These regulations are an important means of keeping our community safe while still allowing school sports to resume and I am sure we all want the students to be able to continue playing this season.