Latest COVID-19 update
Written by Daramalan on the
Wednesday 31 March
Since Monday of this week staff are alternating between working from home or at work. Teachers are coming in for weekly team meetings which enable them to continue the collaborative work they have been undertaking. Obviously, this may change over the days and weeks ahead. We still have a small number of students attending school and any student is welcome to do so this week and next week.
Our Reception opening hours are 9.00am – 4.00pm for the last two weeks of Term 1 and during the school holidays.
If you need to communicate with anyone at the College outside of these hours we recommend that you email the staff member directly or, if you do not know the email address, use the firstname.lastname@example.org email and your message will be sent on to the staff member best placed to respond.
Uniform Shop Hours
30 March – 3 April
- Monday 30 March: 8.30am to 4.00pm. (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm)
- Friday 3 April: 8.30am to 4.00pm. (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm)
6 April – 9 April
- Monday 6 April: 8.30am to 4.00pm. (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm)
- Thursday 9 April: 8.30am to 4.00pm. (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm)
- Wednesday 22 April: 8.30am to 4.00pm. (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm)
- Thursday 23 April: 8.30am to 4.00pm. (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm)
- Friday 24 April: 8.30am to 4.00pm. (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm)
Enrolments for 2021
A brief reminder that enrolments for 2021 are open now. Any questions about enrolments should be directed to Damaris Brown email@example.com
Change of Contact Details
If any parent/carer has changed their contact details, please email the updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that you receive all the communications being sent by email over the coming weeks.
Monday 23 March 2020
This information covers from tomorrow (24 March 2020) until the end of Term 1 – 9 April 2020 inclusive.
- Pupil free days from 24 March 2020 until the Term 1 school holidays
The ACT Minister for Education announced that from Tuesday 24 March 2020 all ACT public schools will go pupil free until the school holidays, due to begin on Friday 10 April 2020. Daramalan College is following the same recommendation. During the pupil-free period, Daramalan will continue to have all staff working at the school so they can progress with creating on-line resources as well as undertake training in new ways of delivering the curriculum.
- Students wishing to attend school 24 March – 9 April
If your child is unable to stay home and you wish them to attend school, we will have arrangements in place to enable them to do on-line learning at school and possibly some other activities. There will NOT be regular time-tabled classes, but we will provide supervised spaces for students to work as well as to have recess and lunch. Please note: The canteen will not be open on these days. We will be reinforcing with students the need to social distance and to maintain hygiene by regularly washing their hands and not touching others.
- Arrangements from 24 March – 9 April
Students who are coming to school from tomorrow (Tuesday 24 March) should gather each morning in the Littleton quad and a roll will be taken so we know who is in the school. Students would then need to attend all day unless they have parental permission to go home from school at some point during the day via the Student Office. We would not permit students to go to the shops and then return to school.
Parents should check daily if the remaining school bus services will still be operating. As of today, they were still operating but this may change over the coming days.
- Continuing your student’s learning
It is important we can provide as much continuity as possible for each student’s education. We want to support our students to remain connected to their current teachers as much as possible. Today we are aiming to have students trial conference calls with teachers so this may be a valuable way of them keeping connected. Instructions will be provided on Daranet for students who are away today.
Given that young people generally thrive in a structured environment we would recommend that while your student is at home that they follow a learning pattern similar to their usual school day. This may assist them to have a feeling of purpose and allow them to stay in the rhythm of learning. We understand that this will vary from student to student. Class work will be available via Daranet and/or their subject OneNote
Monday 16 March 2020.
The safety of all students, staff and families is of paramount importance and as a consequence the following changes have been undertaken by Daramalan College:
- All sports trials and trainings are cancelled until further notice.
- Rehearsals for the College musicalSaturday Night Fever have been cancelled until further notice.
- Band rehearsals and Choir are cancelled until further notice.
- All school excursions have been cancelled including local, inter-state and overseas trips until at least the end of Term 1. Organisers of various excursions planned will be in contact with parents once we have established the options available for changes to dates, refunds, etc.
- The College’s Open Evening planned for 26 March has been cancelled.
- There will be no Try Dara Days for Year 6 students later this term.
- The Cricket and Rowing Presentation Evening scheduled for 31 March has been postponed at this stage until later in the year, depending on the conditions allowing this.
- The College Cross Country Carnival scheduled for 3 April has been cancelled.
- The Parent-Teacher Evenings on 7 and 8 April have been cancelled.
As the situation unfolds, we will post updates on this website.