Latest COVID-19 news
Written by Daramalan on the
THURSDAY 14 MAY 2020
Graduated return to school. Return to school for Years 7-10 students. Next Monday, 18 May, we continue the graduated return of students in all other year groups.
As has been stated previously, the plan is as follows:
- Monday and Tuesday 18 and 19 May – Years 7 and 9 attend school (not Years 8 and 10) from PT time
- Wednesday and Thursday 20 and 21 May – Years 8 and 10 attend school (not Years 7 and 9) from PT time
- Friday 22 May – no students in Years 7-10 attend for the day but Years 11-12 attend
- Monday 25 May – all students return to school from PT time
Remote Access to Face-to-Face learning in real time via MS Teams Conference will be provided to those students who are unable to attend school.
SynWeb will be used to mark attendance by teachers including those attending via remote access.
Those students attending via Remote Access will be required to ask and answer questions and show evidence of engagement with responses during lessons via the Chat function for the entire duration of each lesson.
- Tomorrow we will conclude the program for Inclusive Education Team students to attend school one day per week. From Monday 18 May they will attend as per the plan above. In addition, the option of registering students from Years 7-10 to attend school to do online work at school concludes tomorrow (15 May) due to the graduated return of two year groups at a time from 18 May.
- A reminder that no student may come to school for any reason if he/she has any symptom of being unwell – coughing, high temperature, cold symptoms, etc. Any student who comes to school unwell will be sent home immediately.
- There are new measures in place in First Aid and the key message is that parents will not be able to enter the First Aid room but may collect a sick child from the external door near First Aid.
Year 11 and 12 attendance:
Based on Board of Senior Secondary Studies requirements, students will void (V-grade) a subject if they have 10% or more of the face to face classes offered as Unexplained. As we transition back to school, the number of Unexplained Absences that a student can have in Semester One for Year 11 and 12 is 5 in total. Staff will continue to work with students who are at risk of receiving a Void grade.
- Students should be wearing their full winter uniform when they return to school. Please note that boys must wear long school pants and ties while the required skirt length for girls is to the knee.
To facilitate purchases of the winter uniform, the Uniform Shop will be open for additional hours in the coming week. Opening hours are:
- Saturday 16 May – 10.00am – 1.00pmMonday 18 May – 8.30am – 4.00pm (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm)
- Tuesday 19 May: Closed
- Wednesday 20 May: 8.30am to 12.00 noon
- Thursday 21 May: Closed
- Friday 22 May: 8.30am to 4.00pm. (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm
- Monday 25 May: 8.30am to 4.00pm. (Closed for lunch 12.00 – 12.30pm)
- These times are listed on the College website also.
School Photos will be taken in the week of 25-29 May on the following days:
Monday 25 May:
- Year 7 Period 2 (9.08am)
- Year 11 Period 3 (10.48am)
- Year 12 Period 4 (11.45am)
Friday 29 May:
- Year 8 Period 2 (9.08am)
- Year 9 Period 3 (10.48am)
- Year 10 Period 4 (11.45am)
A short catch up session will occur on 5 June for Period 2 ONLY for any students or staff who are unable to have their photos taken in Week 15. We are not able to facilitate family or group photos.
- As we want all students to engage positively with their peers and focus on learning and re-settling back into productive school routines, we are asking that all students in Years 7-10 keep their mobile phones in their lockers throughout the school day. We ask that parents discuss this expectation with their student/s and check that they have a solid and reliable padlock on their locker. This will ensure the security of both their laptops and their mobile phone if they have one.
- Due to the disruptions to face to face classes this term and uncertainty about access to many places of employment, we have decided that the Year 10 Work Experience week will not be held this semester in Week 19 (22-26 June). Instead, Year 10 students will have their usual scheduled classes at school in this week.
- All students in Years 7-10 conclude Semester 1 classes on Friday 26 June 2020.
Term 2 school bus information: