In 1962 Daramalan College was founded by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) based on the Heart spirituality of the MSC.
Daramalan started as a Catholic school for boys with just 246 students and today has grown to become one of Canberra’s largest secondary schools with over 1460 boys and girls from Years 7 to 12.
Daramalan College offers comprehensive and diverse academic, pastoral, spiritual, vocational, sporting and cultural development to prepare competent and confident young men and women for the world beyond school.
The ethos of the MSC underpins our tradition of achievement and faith at Daramalan and our students flourish in this environment. Religious Education is central in the curriculum at Daramalan and students are expected to actively participate in all aspects of College life.
SEMESTER 1 - WEEK 15 at Daramalan. May 27 - May 31
Monday 27 May
- Year 8 Spirituality Retreat Bank Black P1-3
Tuesday 28 May
- Year 8 Spirituality Retreat Bank Red P1-3
- Yr 7/8 AFL Boys at Reid Oval
- College Touch
- HS Futsal - Girls
PC Wednesday 29 May
- German Yr 8 Goethe Institute day
- Hospitality Parent Dinner
Thursday 30 may
- Year 7-12 school photos catch-up
- P2-3 Yr 7 Languages Zoo Excursion
- HS Volleyball - Boys
- "Daranews Update" emailed to families
Friday 31 may
- 7.00am Rowing Camp departs
- ANU Maths Day at ANU
- HS Volleyball - Girls
- P3 Yr 11 RE Mod Test McCowage Hall
- High School musical production acclaimed as resounding success. The Daramalan High School production of the musical "13", which closed on earlier this month, performed to sold-out houses for its full run and judging by parent and teacher comments, it was not to be missed. More...
- Congratulations to Liam Bell and Matthew Gaughran (Year 7) who will be competing for the ACT in the Australian Little League Championships at the Gold Coast from 1-5 June.
- Well done Michael Abello (Year 7) who competed in the 2013 Australian Little Athletics Championships in the Long Jump and Triple Jump.
- Congratulations to Bryce Lee (Year 11) on making the Australian U18 Indigenous Rugby Union Squad.
- Congratulations to Year 12 student James Rumble who has been selected for the ACT Schoolboys Rugby League team competing in Cairns in July and to James Martin and Jack Huckstepp who have been selected in the shadow team for this event.