Parents & Friends Association
The Parents and Friends Association is quite different to what parents may have experienced at their child’s primary school. The Daramalan P&F provides an opportunity for involvement in the life of the College and contribution to the school community.
The P&F manage the operation of the College Canteen and the Uniform Shop. The P&F also provide a forum for parents to share their views on various matters, providing a valuable source of advice for the Principal.
The 2018 P&F committee for 2018 are:
- President – Ed Hutchinson
- Vice President – Hugh Boulter
- Treasurer- Stewart McDermott
- Assistant Treasurer – Liz Hallett
- Secretary – Kylee Gardiner
- Assistant Secretary – Marg Corcoran
The P&F meets at least once each term and communication between meetings is via email.
- 6.30pm Wednesday 9 May
- 6.30pm Wednesday 1 August
- 6.30pm Wednesday 24 October
How can you participate?
- Attend P&F meetings
- Contribute to the decisions about how to spend the P&F levy. The P&F directs its funds towards special projects within the College. Recent projects have been the purchase of a new 24 seater bus, and more recently a contribution to the College’s DVD Classroom System. In 2014-2015 P&F funds were used to assist in the building of a new canteen for students.
- Volunteer to help on Sacred Heart Day
- Volunteer to help at the Charity Walk
The annual fundraising activity of the P&F was, until 2007, the annual walk by the students around Canberra’s Lake Burley Griffin which raised money by individual sponsorships of each student. This fundraising method has now been replaced by a levy within the school fees for the Parents and Friends.
In 2008, the Kilothon – as the walk was called – was still a P&F activity but all the proceeds were donated to charity. The Catholic charities “Caritas” and the “St Vincent de Paul Society” have been the recipients from 2008 to 2017 and will be again in 2018.