In 1962 Daramalan College was founded by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) based on the Heart spirituality of the MSC.
Daramalan started as a Catholic school for boys with just 246 students and today has grown to become one of Canberra’s largest secondary schools with over 1420 boys and girls from Years 7 to 12.
Daramalan College offers comprehensive and diverse academic, pastoral, spiritual, vocational, sporting and cultural development to prepare competent and confident young men and women for the world beyond school.
The ethos of the MSC underpins our tradition of achievement and faith at Daramalan and our students flourish in this environment. Religious Education is central in the curriculum at Daramalan and students are expected to actively participate in all aspects of College life.Click here for enrolment inquiries.
SEMESTER 2 - WEEK 2 at Daramalan. 28 July - 1 August
Monday 28 July
- ASC Boys Hockey
Tuesday 29 July
- ASC Girls Hockey
- GWS AFL Finals - Yr 7/8 Boys - has been cancelled
- Morshead Aged Care visit
Wednesday PC Day 30 July
- Assembly Yr 11-12
- PC Lessons Yr 7-10
- P2 & 3 Yr 10 Careers Expo
- 1.00pm World Vision Guest Speaker
- 8.00am - 4.00pm Waratah Shield, Boorowa
Thursday 31 July
- All Yr 12 Students Day Retreat
- Year 11 – ACT Constitutional Convention, all day
- 9.15am – 1.30pm P1-3 Yr 10 Bank Black Woodlawn Bioreactor
- 6.00pm - 7.00pm Talking Languages Evening for Yr 7-8 parents
Friday 1 August
- All day - Yr 10 Choiceez Media presentation
- All day - College Girls Soccer
- All day Yr 11 – ACT Constitutional Convention
- Depart 9.00am - Bond University Mooting Competition. Return 4.00pm Sunday
- 10.00am -12.30pm Yr 9-12 Dance Excursion, Civic
- Daramalan students win award as Canberra's best School Chefs
Six Dara students competed in the Australian Culinary Federation's schools competition held at Reid CIT over the last holidays. All six students were recognised with Gold medals with Mitchell Abrahams (Year 10) and Year 11 student Jasmine Sawa taking out the top prize. Both will now go on to compete in New Zealand later this year.
The winning students are pictured above along with Food Technology teacher Janette Kline.
- UPCOMING THEATRE PRODUCTION
The Daramalan Theatre Company presents Shakespeare's "The taming of the Shrew" through a contemporary theatrical viewpoint from 22 - 25 October at 7.30pm in McCowage Hall. Special Matinee at 1.00pm on Sat 25 October. Family and group concessions are now available. For bookings please click here.