In 1962 Daramalan College was founded by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) based on the Heart spirituality of the MSC.
Daramalan started as a Catholic school for boys with just 246 students and today has grown to become one of Canberra’s largest secondary schools with over 1420 boys and girls from Years 7 to 12.
Daramalan College offers comprehensive and diverse academic, pastoral, spiritual, vocational, sporting and cultural development to prepare competent and confident young men and women for the world beyond school.
The ethos of the MSC underpins our tradition of achievement and faith at Daramalan and our students flourish in this environment. Religious Education is central in the curriculum at Daramalan and students are expected to actively participate in all aspects of College life.Click here for enrolment inquiries.
SEMESTER 2 - WEEK 17 at Daramalan. November 24-28
Monday 24 November
- Water Polo Douglas Park Trophy
- 1st XI Cricket T20 3.10pm-7.45pm at Marist
Tuesday 25 November
Wednesday 26 November
- Yr 10 Last day of classes
- P3 Yr 10 Mass and Awards Practice
- ACT Orienteering
Thursday 27 November
- Last Daranews for 2014 emailed to families
- Yr 10 End of Year Social
Friday 27 November
- At the Science Olympiad tests done in August one student, Lucy Hirst of Year 11, gained a medallion for her High Distinction in Biology and also a Credit in Chemistry.
Other students who gained excellent results included Lucy Wilson (Biology and Chemistry), Sam Wade (Chemistry), Esther Lee (Chemistry), Isabella Marinelli (Chemistry) and Matthew Willington (Physics). Congratulations to all these students.
- Congratulations to the U/15 Div 2 Boys hockey team for winning their recent competition.
- Download the Bursary Application Form here.